Saturday, December 10, 2011

Green Gift Guide

Everyone else is doing a holiday gift guide, so I figured I might as well throw my suggestions into the mix.

MixedBagDesigns
These bags are super cute, durable and hold just about anything you need to cart around. I use mine for trips to the grocery store,  the library and just about anywhere else.




LightMyFire's All-In-One Utensil
It's a spoon. It's a fork. It's a knife. It's all three in one! This utensil is extremely lightweight and easy to wash. It can be used when camping or it can camp out in your purse for unexpected food adventures. If you don't want to order online, I've often seen these at the checkout stations in Eddie Bauer.



Zip-It Drain Cleaner
I know it seems a bit unromantic, but this thing would make a great stocking stuffer for a new home owner. It works, I swear. You could also pair it with a universal coil brush that can clean out from under your fridge, as I blogged about a while back.



Wind-Up LED Flashlight
I'm terrible about remembering to buy batteries. Plus, batteries aren't so good for the old environment. So this flashlight makes me happy. It even provides a bit of much-needed exercise.


Candles from The Candle Lab

I've made two different candles at The Candle Lab this year: Dark chocolate and fig was one and campfire, pine needles and dirt was the other. I love them both. All candles are made with soy, which burns much slower than traditional candles.



The Wilds 
I heart The Wilds. For me, it is so much more magical than a zoo, because the animals get to roam over 9,000 acres of land. I've given gift certificates for tours a couple of times now and I haven't heard any complaints. 


Keepsake Solutions
Old home videos are a treasured asset that cannot be replaced. Why not convert your old home videos on VHS tapes into DVDs for your family members? I just recently did this and I am excited to finally see what I've been missing sans VCR for the last 10 years.



Bluebell Giving
For the person who has everything, this is a wonderful idea. When you buy a card from Bluebell Giving, you can pledge a certain amount of money to charity. But the fun part is that your card's recipient gets to choose which of the 180+ supported charity will receive the donation.


Can you think of other eco-friendly products or services that would make green gifts this season?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Bluebell Giving idea and bought the multipack to give as gifts this Christmas. Thanks for a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really excited to see them featured on Treehugger a few weeks back. This is a service I've been wanting for a long time! Love it.

    ReplyDelete