Saturday, April 11, 2009

Columbus Food Crushes

In case you didn't know, I love food. Having recently read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, I have been resolved to eat more local foods.

This is a difficult feat, as it seems that I am destined to have long-distance relationships with some of my favorite "local" food restaurants. Though the Columbus Square shopping center started a farmer's market last year, there are still very few restaurants within my corner of Columbus that are interested in the local food movement.



That said, Raisin Rack recently romanced me with Heini's Amish farmer's cheese. And this Friday, I made the booty call to Whole Foods on Sawmill Road and stocked up on some nearby goodies, including Weiber's organic mustard and Confetti Peppers hot pepper mix.



Luckily, some of my other food crushes were also realized this weekend. Alana's, one of my favorite restaurants with a seasonal focus, set me up with a Cream of a Million Mushroom soup and the most amazing spanikopita. And for Easter Sunday, North Star Cafe will be my food matchmaker.



The way to my heart is through my stomach, that is for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Heini's is an awesome cheese barn, and worth the trip to Amish Country if you ever have a Saturday to spare. Road trip!!!

    ReplyDelete