Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rags to Riches

Paper towels don't grow on trees, you know. (Well, ok, maybe they do.)

But the point is that paper towels are a waste of money and resources when cloth rags serve the same purpose. So the next time your bath towels start to get a little ratty or threadbare, cut them up into rags that can be used to clean just about anything around the house.



Worried about how to clean them? Simply save up a batch and wash them in a laundry load of rugs and other slightly grimy items that you aren't particularly interested in snuggling with.

(Tip: Try to keep an emergency roll of paper towels in the house for those one or two "ick factor" messes that require a bit of environmental sacrifice.)

2 comments:

  1. great idea about cutting them up!! And I'm jazzed about my cloth napkins:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I just gave a towel to the Treasure Swap! But I do use washable old washcloths for my dusting. :)

    ReplyDelete