Thursday, July 23, 2009

Up Close and Personal

Meet my new boyfriend, Tom. Tom's of Maine, that is. I've fallen in love with their natural conditioning shave cream, purchased at Whole Foods. It has succeeded in finally ending my on-again, off-again relationship with Skintimate for good.

Tom's mint shave cream comes in a toothpaste-like tube, and all you need is a small bead of shave cream to do the job. Though it doesn't produce quite as much lather as aerosol shave creams, it smells a lot better and is comparable in price. An added bonus is that my shower drain hasn't clogged once since I started using it!

Even though I haven't yet found an acceptable deodorant (the unscented smelled like fruit loops, but didn't last for more than a few hours), I think I'm going to try the toothpaste next.

Tom's has a wonderful mission, donating 10& of their profits to charitable organizations, and encouraging their employees to donate 5% of their paid time to charitable organizations. As an added bonus, none of their products contain artificial preservatives or colors.

Don't worry; Tom isn't monogamous, so why not give him a try?

4 comments:

  1. A toiletry that practices open relationships, huh? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fruit loops comment made me giggle...that's the deodorant I use and I've never noticed any fruity scent. Have you tried any of the Jason Natural products? They always catch my eye at Whole Foods, but I haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a special 'long lasting' Tom's of Maine deodorant if you'd want to try that

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Tom's roll-on (unscented, of course).

    ReplyDelete