Sunday, November 27, 2011

Grow What You Eat: Rosemary

I love rosemary. The problem is that I don't know what to do with it.

My staple recipe for rosemary is to add it to a skillet of sauteed onions, green peppers and feta cheese, then serve it with pita bread. Besides that, I've been at a loss this year for what to do with this beautiful herb.

I bought a rosemary plant in a 4-inch pot from the Franklin Park Conservatory on May 14, 2011 for approximately $3. I potted it in a medium-sized clay pot and ignored everything I read about using sandy soil because of laziness.

June 9, 2011

It didn't seem to mind.

August 27, 2011

I don't think I harvested anything from it until mid-September.

September 5, 2011

Since it seemed to be doing well and I checked to make sure it wasn't on the ASPCA's list of plants that are toxic to cats, I brought it inside for the winter.

October 24, 2011

Things I'll do differently next year: Find more recipes that call for rosemary.

1 comment: