Monday, August 9, 2010

CSA Diary: Week Twelve

What I Got:
  • Ancho Peppers
  • Green Leaf Lettuce
  • Green Peppers
  • Okra (That I pawned off onto to Susan!)
  • Tomatoes (lots & lots of tomatoes!)
What I Made:
  • Corn Salad: Green leaf lettuce tossed with corn*, tomatoes, cucumber* and salted pepitas. Topped with bleu cheese dressing (of course.)
  • Salsa Mac: Leftover macaroni & cheese topped with fresh salsa (tomatoes, green peppers, ancho peppers, garlic, onion and lemon juice.)
  • Cucumber Salad: Cucumber*, tomatoes, and white onion tossed with a splash of red wine vinegar and olive oil. (I often add feta cheese to this, but was out of it, so I made the following instead:)
  • Red, White & Green Provolone Sandwiches: White bread spread with Veganaise, layered with provolone cheese and cucumber salad as listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment