Tuesday, August 24, 2010

CSA Diary: Week Fourteen, Fifteen & Sixteen

Well, I think I must have hit the summer rut. I've just been making repeats of tried-and-trues for weeks now. But here's a bit of it, just in case you're dying to know what I've been putting in my belly...

What I Got:
  • Edamame (pictured below)
  • Eggplant
  • Garlic
  • Green Beans
  • Green Peppers
  • Hot Peppers
  • Sweet Corn
  • Yellow Tomatoes (pictured below)
  • Yellow Squash
  • Zucchini


What I Made:
  • Salsa Tacos: Sauteed fake meat with finely chopped zucchini and yellow squash and packet of taco seasoning. Served in a taco shell with a crapload of fresh yellow tomato salsa (tastes the same as red tomato salsa!), some cheddar cheese and some sour cream.
  • Green Beans: Steamed green beans with butter and garlic salt. Simple, but oddly satisfying.
  • Colorful Veggie Pasta: Sauteed hot peppers, green pepper, garlic, edamame (boiled and de-podded first), zucchini, yellow squash, sweet corn and green beans. Tossed with olive oil and lemon juice. Topped with chopped tomatoes, slivered almonds and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
  • Eggplant Randomness: Eggplant sauteed with hot peppers, garlic, basil, yellow squash. Tossed with marinara sauce and spaghetti. Topped with slivered almonds and feta cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment