Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bulking Up

I am so excited, because I just learned that Raisin Rack lets you bring in your own containers for their extensive bulk bin food section.



I guess I have been trained to think that people aren't interested in slimming down when it comes to packaging waste. I was terrified to even ask, for fear of the usually ridicule I receive for trying to think "outside of the box." But there was no reason to be afraid; they were extremely pleasant and encouraging!



So I'm going to be sure to bulk up on yummy sesame sticks, red lentils for my Indian dal soup, fun granola mixes and slivered almonds, all without packaging! I'll probably just take a few old yogurt containers and start shoveling it in!

P.S. As far as the wallet goes, it got to keep a few pounds. The almonds, which usually cost $3 or more for a 6oz bag at Kroger, were only $5/lb!

3 comments:

  1. Do you want to know something really and truly awful? I don't think I've ever been inside Raisin Rack!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, what with the coop being right down the street from you. But we should make a plan to do Raisin Rack for lunch sometime soon. You can see where I used to work when it was the Big Bear deli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, here I am a few days later, stalking your blog, and I noticed you commented back. I guess Blogger doesn't do comment response notifications like Facebook and Goodreads! A Raisin Rack lunch sounds great -- find me via another online venue to set up. :)

    ReplyDelete