Friday, February 27, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Along with raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, these are a few of my favorite things:

A programmable thermostat knows how to keep me warm at night. It was less than $100, took about 1/2 hour to install, and has saved me over $40 a month in winter heating costs. Plus, when I set it low for bedtime, it encourages the cats to come and cuddle with me! (Buy at Lowe's.)



These are my favorite bags, EVER. Though I have many reusable bags, including logo ones from Target and Whole Foods, sometimes it's nice to not be advertising for others as you're walking around town. I have carried whole Thanksgiving dinners, $70 worth of groceries, 20 library books and more in these bags.

Once they're loaded up, they don't weigh a ton, and keep their shape much better than cloth bags. Plus, if they get dirty from the week's CSA load, you can simply wipe them out with a damp cloth and they're good as new! (Buy at Mixed Bag Designs.)



This is a new one. I got this as a Christmas present. I love that it's so simple. Stacks of sheets framed with cardboard and a few thumbtacks, and you've got yourself a bulletin board.

I haven't tried hanging anything heavy on here, as I don't think it would stick, but it works perfectly for outgoing mail, coupons and other reminders as I'm heading out the door. (Buy at Uncommon Goods.)

No comments:

Post a Comment