Sunday, February 22, 2009

Selling Out

Part of being eco-friendly is selling out every once in a while.

That's why I've recently taken my books and CDs to various buy-back locations.

I took about 3/4ths of my book stash to Half Price Books on Shrock Rd and State St for resale. I was sad to see them go, but had not re-read one of them, ever. (Too many other fish in the sea.) Many of the books were relics from my college days, classics that I hope will find a good home with another college student looking to save money (and who will come to hate Blood Meridian as much as I did.)

A few weeks later, I went to Buybacks Entertainment on 161 and Cleveland Ave to sell back my CDs. Having migrated completely to MP3 format, these CDs were quickly expiring in a much-forgotten cabinet. (Poor Alanis' allergies started acting up from all the dust accumulating on her jewel case.)

I feel better knowing that my once-loved possessions will find new homes, and I can't complain about a little extra money in my pocket. If I weren't such a faithful library patron, I would consider buying some gently used books and CDs from these fine establishments.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Alanis, hopefully she'll find a dust free home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who recently followed in your green footsteps in this department, I heartily agree! Other benefits include more space, less clutter, a better Shuffle experience on my iPod (since I finally imported all my CDs before selling them), and the motivation to finally back up my computer's hard drive (to save the aforementioned music from potential laptop death).

    ReplyDelete