Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh, What a Tangled Web We Weave

Since I've been working on so many crafting projects lately, I have been all tangled up in thread and fabric and other miscellaneous piles of unfinished projects.

Although I tend to use utilitarian containers that I already have lying around, such as plain cardboard boxes and food containers like the ones that spring lettuce mixes come in, I decided that I wanted something prettier and more stylish to help me untangle my life.

So, I bought some fun bins from the Container Store made out of old newspapers to store my pictures and crafty supplies.



I also found a fun use for this 24-case of Bud Light that wandered its way to my house over the holidays. Granted, this isn't going in a window display any time soon, but it works well with my laundry room decor! The cardboard dividers for the glass bottles help to organize small objects and would make a great container for Christmas ornaments.




And with a little more class, I was also able to repurpose this cigar box that a friend of mine found in a garage sale. It makes a wonderful and stylish jewelry box!




So it seems that Longaberger baskets aren't the only way to weave a new world. How have you recycled or reused old products to organize your life?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're smart! Love the BudLight idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my art supplies are in shoeboxes or boxes that gifts have come in. :) Love the newspaper baskets!

    ReplyDelete