Saturday, January 17, 2009

7 Random Things

Tag, I'm it! Angie of The Creative Perhaps fame has tagged me, so here are my 7 Random Things:

1. Appropriately enough, I spent all day yesterday making tags. I got a new gadget at Jo-Ann's and started hacking away at the old greeting cards I have been collecting. My hand is quite sore, but the end product is rewarding: cute gift or product tags and less waste in the landfill! Check them out in my Etsy shop.





2. I have issues with velvet and other "soft" fabrics. Chenille, cashmere, cotton are all okay. Velvet, suede, microfiber, some fleece, some corduroy: eek! Like nails on a chalkboard. My mom recently bought a microfiber couch, and I have to use a blanket as a buffer just so I can sit on it. (I share this quirk with my sister and my friend Ashley, among others. I am convinced it is a medical condition.)

3. Though I love Cheez-Its and Fritos and other devilishly processed foods, I also love my CSA. I am very much missing my fresh organic kale and garlic scapes right now.

4. I have an unnatural love for my cats.





5. I have a sleeping superpower. I slept from 2am to 3pm on Friday, but luckily my hours were a little better last night: 5am to 1pm. I will sleep through the apocalypse.

6. My most vivid memories are the most simple: rolling down a hill on a trip to DC when I was five, taking a nap in the sun between classes at Miami, swimming next to a big rainbow fish in Riviera Maya, picking raspberries in Pennsylvania, skiing down a snow-spun mountain, watching a storm roll in at the farm...Sigh.

7. I watch an unhealthy amount of television. In the last two days, you could catch me watching 30 Rock, Battlestar Gallactica, What Not to Wear, the whole first season of the L-Word, Top Chef, and on accident, My Name Is Earl. (This is not an exhaustive list.) I have gotten better about doing things while I am watching TV (crafts, Internet-surfing, reading, and often times working) so I don't feel quite as guilty about this as I used to.

Now it's Catherine's turn. Though hers will probably be 7 Random Pictures, not 7 Random Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment